Guild Wars




Last Pride Wins Game #1 in Finals

(Click here for a larger image!)
The 1st game of the Guild Wars World Championship started with The Last Pride (EvIL) challenging the Korean Regional Champion, War Machine (WM). The map for the first game took place on the Frozen Isle map. At the start of the game, both teams pushed towards the Flag Stand. War Machine immediately did its normal 4 and 4 split, but EvIL's entire team pushed towards the flags. One of War Machine's split groups started killing EvIL's NPCs and managed to take out one, while the other half of War Machine fought over the flag.

Heading to the 2 minute mark, neither team had captured the flag. Both teams were fighting at the Flag Stand with their flags in their hands. At 2:15, EvIL killed War Machine's Monk at the Flag Stand. War Machine immediately resurrected him. Then at 3:00, EvIL again killed the same War Machine Monk.

The battle continued at the Flag Stand, with neither team gaining the advantage. War Machine lost a Warrior, and again lost their twice-slain Monk. War Machine's split team positioned at EvIL's base came rejoined their team to assist at the Flag Stand, and the combined War Machine force started to push EvIL back to their base.

At 5:00, War Machine was pushing EvIL hard, and EvIL lost both a Monk and and Elementalist outside their base. Both teams made a hard press towards the Flag Stand yet again, and the battle raged. EvIL lost a Monk at the Flag Stand.

At 7:00, War Machine was pushing EvIL back into their own base. WM scored another kill on one of EvIL's Mesmers. EvIL ran one man to the center, and WM split off two players to fight him.

While those players split off, the rest of the teams fought in front of EvIL's base. EvIL again killed the same WM Monk, and WM took down one of EvIL's Warriors. After the Warrior resurrected, EvIL trapped him inside the “control room.” At 10:00, War Machine got a Morale Boost, but just seconds later, EvIL recaptured the flag.

EvIL dominated the battle at the Flag Stand, killing WM Warriors and Rangers. The huge crowd gathered in front of the stage, cheering wildly for their favourite--EvIL--as they pushed WM. At 11:30, EvIL dropped another WM Warrior at the Flag Stand, forcing WM into a retreat.

At 12:00, WM respawned and surged out of their base towards the Flag Stand. Both teams fought toe-to-toe at the Flag Stand. At 12:30, EvIL got a Morale boost. As the battle raged, EvIL started pushing WM back into their base. One WM Warrior made a break through EvIL's lines to take the Flag. EvIL used Gale to slow him down, but the rest of WM pushed forward to support him, and WM captured the Flag Stand at 14:00.

At 15:00, a 6-on-6 battle raged at the Flag Stand, with each team splitting off players to do flag running and to skirmish at EvIL's base. EvIL started pushing WM back towards their own base. WM lost the same Monk once again. Each guild converged their entire force into a head-on battle in front of WM's base. EvIL did everything they could to slow down WM's flag runner, and at 17:15 they succeeded in getting a Morale boost. As the battle continued, EvIL killed WM's Monk one more time.

At 18:30, WM pushed two players back into EvIL's base. EvIL continued the fight at the Flag Stand while they sent one player back to defend their base. The WM incursion took down two of EvIL's outside Archers. EvIL sent a Ranger and Elementalist back to their base where they killed the WM Warrior who had encroached into their space.

At 19:40 EvIL got another Morale Boost. At 20:00 they killed the Ranger outside of their base and again killed the same WM Monk. EvIL timed their slaying of the Ranger carefully so that he just missed the respawn, meaning that WM had to send someone back to resurrect him. At 21:30, while the battle continued in the map's center, EvIL made a move to start pressing WM back, and EvIL picked up some kills during WM's retreat.

At 22:00, the 6-on-6 at the Flag Stand had been ongoing for several minutes, and at this point, WM's Ranger War Planeswalker starting harassing EvIL's base. At 22:30, WM lost both Monks at the Flag Stand. They quickly resurrected them, but within seconds EvIL killed both Monks again.

At 23:30, EvIL made a hard push into WM's base. With one of WM's Monks out due to Death Penalty, EvIL capitalized on their advantage and started killing WM's base NPCs. At 24:00, EvIL was in WM's base for the respawn, and killed WM's second Monk as soon as he respawned. The crowd cheered for EvIL as they pounded on WM in the WM base.

EvIL continued to apply the pressure to WM and take down their NPCs. As most of WM lay dead on the ground, EvIL took down one Bodyguard and then another. At 25:00 they were pounding on WM's Guild Lord with both WM Monks lying helpless on the ground. WM got one kill on EvIL just as EvIL finished off the Guild Lord, bringing the game to an end at 25:50.

The Last Pride Wins Guild Wars World Championship!

(Click here for a larger image!)
The second match between defending champion War Machine and top rated guild EvIL began with EvIL having the home field advantage, and their selecting Warrior Isle for the map. War Machine split, sending one force with the Guild Thief out the side door up to EvIL's back door. EvIL split, too, and attacked the back door of War Machine's base. At 1:10, War Machine was already all the way up inside EvIL's base, working on NPCs. At 1:20 they took down one Archer. At 1:35 they took down a second.

At 2:00, EvIL began pushing into War Machine's base. The fighting continued in both bases, with War Machine gaining the upper hand in EvIL's base and EvIL gaining the upper hand in War Machine's base. At 3:00, WM was regaining its equilibrium in their own base. They killed EvIL's Thief and pushed EvIL out of their base to the Flag Stand.

WM kept up the pressure inside EvIL's base, while at the same time, the splits were struggling over the Flag Stand. WM started to push EvIL back towards their own base. At 5:00, WM body blocked EvIL's flag runner inside EvIL's base, but EvIL got a kill in on one of WM's Monks. Despite the body blocking, EvIL got through and captured the Flag Stand.

(Click here for a larger image!)

Inside EvIL's base, EvIL pinned one of WM's players between an NPC footman and an EvIL player, and took down the WM Warrior. At 7:30, EvIL started pushing WM hard out of their base, and simultaneously started winning the battle at the Flag Stand. WM took three casualties in quick succession. At 8:00, WM respawned, but EvIL dropped a WM Ranger seconds afterwards, denying him the respawn. WM regrouped in their base, while one WM peeled off to harass EvIL's base.

WM split and circled around the back way to resurrect their Ranger and to work on EvIL's NPC Footmen, while EvIL pushed towards the Flag yet again. At 9:30 EvIL took down the WM Warrior who had been harassing EvIL's base, and then shortly thereafter they demolished WM's split team members who were defending the WM base. WM regrouped back at their own base, adopting a defensive posture.

At 11:00, EvIL and WM were fighting in front of WM's base. WM lost a Warrior but quickly got him resurrected. A massive 8-on-8 fight raged in front of WM's base. At 11:30, WM lost one Monk in front of their base, and the second one was forced to retreat. WM split and sent two men past the fight to harass EvIL's base, but they lost one of them. At 12:00, WM got pinned by EvIL in the door of their own base, and lost one player to a catapult shot.

At 12:30, one WM Warrior remained inside EvIL's base putting on the pressure. EvIL sent back two players to chase down the Warrior, while the rest of the EvIL team kept WM pinned in their own base. At 13:20, the WM Warrior inside EvIL's base was no more. WM was down two people, and the rest of their team turtled in their base.

At 14:00 WM respawned and split again, sending four players and the Guild Thief around back, and another four players and the flag to the front. They pulled back with the four in front, while the four in back engaged EvIL. At 16:20 WM pushed forward on both fronts, and brought the fight to EvIL's base. WM got three kills against EvIL, including a Monk and took a second to regroup and regain its composure.

As WM continued to press, a massive battle raged outside of EvIL's base. At 17:45 WM went back to a split team, sending three people out the back and four to the Flag Stand, while one player ran the flag. WM's two split teams continued to fight both sides of EvIL's combined team in front of EvIL's base. At 19:00 EvIL made a major push towards the Flag Stand. WM retreated back, and as soon as EvIL saw WM retreating, they pulled back to the Flag Stand. At 20:00 both teams were fighting over the Flag Stand.

At 21:00, WM split again, and four of their players pushed into EvIL's base. EvIL attacked the front of WM's base and ran over WM, inflicting four deaths and forcing WM to retreat out of EvIL's base. EvIL attacked WM's retreating group with all eight players and tried to stop the retreat. At 22 minutes WM respawned, but one of their players was out due to full Death Penalty. WM regrouped and tried to make a desperate run to the Flag Stand, with all of EvIL on their tail.

At 23:00, WM killed EvIL's flag runner and tried to take control of the flag, but EvIL pushed hard into WM's base. By 23:30 EvIL had killed both WM monks, attacked WM's Bodyguards, and had taken the Guild Lord down to 1/4 health before the WM respawn at 24 minutes.

At 24:30 EvIL killed a WM Monk and maintained their position in the WM base. At 25:00 EvIL killed WM's Necromancer and Warrior. At 25:00 WM again tried to capture the Flag Stand, while EvIL kept the pressure going in WM's base. With no WM monks left, EvIL attacked the Guild Lord and killed him at 25:47.

Awards Ceremony Photos

(Click here for a larger image!) (Click here for a larger image!) (Click here for a larger image!)
(Click here for a larger image!) (Click here for a larger image!) (Click here for a larger image!)
(Click here for a larger image!) (Click here for a larger image!) (Click here for a larger image!)