Design-a-Weapon Contest - Rules
It's time for another Guild Wars contest! And with the Design-a-Weapon Contest, you have a chance to be immortalized forever in the second chapter of the Guild Wars story. We will be offering many new weapons and shields in the upcoming installment, and we'd love to include items based on your concepts. To enter the contest, simply send us a drawing, sketch, or printed image of a weapon or shield that you have designed.
The next release of Guild Wars will feature new weapon types, but for now you should design around the traditional Guild Wars items:
- Focus Item
- One-handed Sword
You need not keep your weapon or shield concepts within the boundaries of the Tyria that we know so well. In the coming chapter, there will be new professions and new regions that have not yet been explored. Feel free to engage in an artistic flight of fancy and to include art influences from around the globe in your weapon or shield design!
Official Rules and Conditions:
- Print your design on a sheet of paper no larger than 8.5 x 11, or A4 size, and submit to:
10020 Main Street, #164
Bellevue, WA 98004 USA
Mocatta House, Trafalgar Place
Ok-san Bldg 15th Floor
Kangnam-gu, Seoul, 135-900
- Mark the printed weapon or shield art with your first and last name, your age, your email address, and your full mailing address.
- The use of color in your submitted image is entirely your choice. Because Guild Wars weapons are dyeable, color is less significant than design, so a black and white image is as likely to win as a color image.
- Submit the weapon or shield design only; do not include a character drawing or any other background image.
- Each final weapon or shield design will be produced by the Guild Wars Art Team using a winning contest entry as a starting concept. The art introduced into the game may not be an exact duplicate of the winning entry.
- We are unable to accept electronic entries for this contest.
- One entry per item type per person. No contestant will be eligible to win more than one prize.
- Originality: Entries must be the creation of the contestant and cannot be taken from any other source. Please, no clip art, tracings, or art from other sources such as games, movies, or books.
- Eligibility (age): North American contestants must be 13 years of age or older. Due to legal requirements, European contestants must be 18 year of age or older, or have a parent or guardian enter in the minor's name.
- Eligibility (location): Entries will be accepted from residents of North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Korea.
- Prize: Winners will have their weapon or shield design included in the release version of the second chapter of Guild Wars. In addition, each winning design will be posted with the artist's name on the official Guild Wars website.
- Judging: Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, style, originality, and presentation.
- Deadline: Entries must be postmarked by Wednesday, December 21, 2005.
- Announcement: Winners will be announced on or before January 16, 2006.
- By entering the Design-a-Weapon Contest, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Conditions, (b) you warrant that your entry is your own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party, and (c) you assign and agree to assign to ArenaNet all rights, title and interest, including copyright, in or to your entry. Entries become the property of ArenaNet and will not be returned.
- ArenaNet cannot be held responsible for any lost, late, or misdirected mail.
- Judges will be comprised of members of the ArenaNet staff. The decisions of the judges will be final.
- There is no cash value for the prize.
- This contest is void where prohibited.