2nd Annual Guild Wars Halloween Art Contest
2nd Annual Guild Wars Halloween Art Contest Winners!
Another year gone by, another Guild Wars® game released, and one more on the horizon, too! Could fall be more exciting? What a great time to celebrate Guild Wars and a special season! And what better time to work with our partners over at Ideazon (creators of the Zboard Gaming Keyboard), who have graciously offered to supply several marvelous prizes for this contest.(Please note: Due to the nature of the prize support, and for legal reasons, this competition is available to residents of the U.S. and Canada only.)
You are invited to put your imagination and your creative talents to work in crafting Halloween art with a Guild Wars theme. We have some suggestions here for projects you might want to undertake (and you can see last year's winners for inspiration, too):
- Carve a Guild Wars Pumpkin or create a pumpkin-carving pattern.
- Fashion a Guild Wars costume for yourself.
- Design a costume for your Guild Wars character.
- Create a Guild Wars Wallpaper or Desktop Art.
- Devise a "treat" with a Guild Wars flavor.
- Decorate your house in a Guild Wars theme.
- Find your own way to bring a Halloween twist to Guild Wars, or a Guild Wars twist to Halloween.
How to Enter:
- Create the concept and bring it alive:
- Carve a pumpkin—real or permanent—and take a photograph!
- Create a blueprint for other pumpkin carvers!
- Sketch a costume or go nuts in a computer art program! If you're extra creative, make that costume and model it in a photograph!
- Design a desktop image to share the joy through your home, school, or office place!
- Decorate a cake, bake some cookies, compose a menu, build an edible haunted house—put your gustatory skills to the task!
- Spruce up the homestead and send a photograph!
- For each entry, submit a .jpeg image of your original work (scanned or photographed) or a saved file for computer-generated art and attach it to an email. (Please use compression to reduce the file size, when possible.)
- Alternately, if you wish to send via postal mail, please print and mail to the address provided below along with the information in the bullet immediately below.
- Include your first and last name, your age, and your city, state or province, postal code (if any) and country in the email.
- If you are a winner and wish to be mentioned by "handle" or game name rather than your first and last name, please indicate your preference in your entry email and provide your handle or in-game name.
- Submit your entry to this address: email@example.com. Please be sure to use "Guild Wars Halloween Art Contest" as the subject line. If you would prefer to postal mail your entry, you can send to Sponsor:
Guild Wars Halloween Art Contest
10020 Main Street, #164
Bellevue, WA 98004 USA
- No other methods of entry will be accepted.
- Prizes: 10 (10) winners will have their creations displayed on the Guild Wars website and will receive one of the prizes below. (The total estimated retail value of all prizes exceeds $1,110.) The prizes are as follows:
- Grand Prize : NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT video card, copy of Guild Wars FactionsTM game, Prima's Guild Wars Factions Guidebook, Prima's Guild Wars Guidebook, Zboard Gaming Keyboard with Guild Wars Factions Keyset, and a $75 gift certificate redeemable at the Zstore. (Approximate Total Retail Value: $335 US)
- Runner-Up Prize : Prima's Guild Wars Factions Guidebook, Prima's Guild Wars Guidebook, Zboard Gaming Keyboard with Guild Wars Factions Keyset, and a $50 gift certificate redeemable at the Zstore. (Approximate Total Retail Value: $160 US.)
- 2nd Runner-Up Prize : Prima's Guild Wars Factions Guidebook, Prima's Guild Wars Guidebook, Zboard Gaming Keyboard with Guild Wars Factions Keyset, and a $25 gift certificate redeemable at the Zstore. (Approximate Total Retail Value: $135 US)
- 3rd Runner-Up Prize : Prima's Guild Wars Guidebook, Zboard Gaming Keyboard with Guild Wars Factions Keyset, and a $20 gift certificate redeemable at the Zstore. (Approximate Total Retail Value: $110 US)
- 4th Runner-Up Prize : Zboard Gaming Keyboard with Guild Wars Factions Keyset (Approximate Retail Value: $70 US)
- 5th through 9th Runner-Up Prize: One full Set No. 1 of the Guild Wars Skill Pins; one Guild Wars Factions t-shirt. (Approximate Retail Value: $60.00 US each)
- Honorable Mention recipients may also be chosen, at the discretion of the judges. Honorable mention recipients will receive a full set of the Guild Wars Skill Pins (Approximate Retail Value: $40.00 US each. Note: The total value of this portion of the prize package is dependent on the number awarded, but shall not exceed $600.00 US.)
- Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, style, and the melding of Halloween into a Guild Wars theme.
- Deadline for entries to be received is 6:00 p.m. PDT on Monday, October 23rd.
- Winners will be announced on or before Halloween 2006 and will be posted on www.guildwars.com.
- One entry per person.
- Originality: Entries must be the creation of the contestant and cannot be taken from any other source. Your submission must not infringe on any patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, or any privacy, publicity or publishing rights of any third party, or be libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law. Please, no clip art, tracings, or art from other sources such as games, movies, or books.
- Eligibility (age): As of October 1, 2006, contestants must be 13 years of age or older.
- Eligibility (exclusions): Employees of ArenaNet Inc., NCsoft Europe Ltd. and NCsoft Corporation (collectively, “Sponsor), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and members of the immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they reside) or households of such employees are not eligible.
- Eligibility (location): Entries will be accepted from residents of the United States (excluding the State of Rhode Island, Guam Puerto, U.S. territories, military installations and commonwealths) or Canada (excluding Quebec). (Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prize.) Future Guild Wars contests will accept entries from a broader range of regions.)
- Prize: There are up to ten (10) prizes available. Each winner will have an image of his/her project posted on the official website soon after judging takes place. In addition, winners will receive prizes as outlined in the Prizes section above.
- Judging: Entries will be judged equally on the basis of creativity, style, and the melding of Halloween into a Guild Wars theme.
- Deadline: Entries must be postmarked by Monday, October 23, 2006, and must be received by 6:00 p.m. PDT on Monday, October 23, 2006.
Announcement: Winners will be announced on or before Halloween, 2006. If a winner cannot be contacted at the email address they submitted, or is contacted and does not respond by signing and returning to us for our receipt within the time indicated on the documents, an Affidavit of Eligibility (or, in Canada, a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules) and Liability/Publicity Release, or refuses or is ineligible to accept a prize, the prize may be awarded to the next highest ranking entrant on or about November 1, 2006. Any prize not claimed by one alternately chosen winner will not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value. Taxes on prizes (including, without limitation, income or withholding taxes or duties), if any, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners. If a winner is under 18 or a minor in his or her state/province/country of residence, his or her parent or guardian must also sign the applicable release and documentation.
- By entering the Guild Wars Halloween Art Contest, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Conditions, (b) you warrant that your entry is your own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party, (c) you assign and agree to assign to Sponsor all rights, title and interest, including, without limitation, copyright, in or to your entry, (d) you agree that Sponsor may post your user or forum name (or real name) and hometown on Sponsor's website and in any and all publicity and advertising for Sponsor, this Contest or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law, (e) you agree to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail or e-mail, and (f) you agree to sign the documentation set forth in the announcement section immediately above (and have your parent or guardian sign such documentation where applicable or requested by Sponsor). Entries become the property of ArenaNet and will not be returned.
- Sponsor cannot be held responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected entries, which will be void. Sponsor is not responsible for hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections. Use of a false name, username, mailing address or e-mail account will disqualify an entry and the individual who submitted the entry. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor's judgment, are inappropriate or offensive, will disqualify an entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, can disqualify from this contest and any other contest conducted by Sponsor, any person who, in Sponsor's reasonable suspicion, tampers with the entry process or the operation of the web site, or who otherwise violates these rules or any part of the Guild Wars User Agreement. Sponsor has the right to terminate, suspend or modify this contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice, if, in Sponsor's judgment, the contest is altered, corrupted or cannot be completed as planned due to any conditions beyond Sponsor's control, or at Sponsor's reasonable discretion. Incomplete entries are invalid, and entrants with incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- Judges will be comprised of members of the Sponsor's staff. The decisions of the judges will be final.
- This contest is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law.
- Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may edit and modify any submission before posting. Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance, loss or use of any prizes awarded in this contest. You further agree that in any cause of action, Sponsor's liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and entrant agrees that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the U.S. Federal and State Courts of King County, Washington, U.S.A. You assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property or prize, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this contest or the acceptance, loss, shipment, or use of any prize awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error. All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the rules are final.
© 2006 ArenaNet Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, ArenaNet and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.