Henchman Skill Bar Contest
We've listened to the voices of many players and are removing heroes from Guild vs. Guild and Heroes' Ascent play. In order to give all players the ability to participate in those formats (even if they can't form a full party with other players), we're replacing heroes with a selection of new henchmen.
Do you have ideas for great, competitive henchmen skill bars? Enter your best skill bars in our Henchman Skill Bar Contest!
We came to an agreement with the Zaishen Order, so they're helping us out on this. Here's how to enter:
- Travel to the Great Temple of Balthazar on the Battle Isles.
- Equip your character with the skills you think would be worthy of our new henchmen.
- Speak to Dizhou [Xunlai Pollster].
- You will have the option to submit skill bars to Heroes' Ascent and Guild vs. Guild formats. Choose the format you want to submit your skill bar to, and click on your selection.
- Dizhou [Xunlai Pollster] will record your equipped skills and store it with your account name.
- If you wish to submit a skill bar for a different profession, log in with a character of that profession, speak to Dizhou [Xunlai Pollster] again, and follow the steps to submit your skill bar.
- You can submit up to three skill bars for each format on your account, and they can be of any profession. But remember, you're choosing skill bars that need to be competitive in PvP play, so choose wisely.
The contest will run from August 27, 2009 to September 10, 2009.
No other methods of entry will be accepted. You must have a valid email address associated with your Guild Wars account, as this is how you will be contacted!
What's in it for you?
For starters, you'll have a warm, glowy feeling of satisfaction knowing that you had direct input on content that will be included in Guild Wars. But since loot is always good, we've got that, too!
Prizes: Twenty (20) winners will receive one (1) of each of the prizes below:
- A henchman named after the winner's character or an appropriate name of the winner's choosing. Please note that all names must abide by our Naming Policy and are subject to the approval of the Development Team.
- One Everlasting Henchman Tonic. This unique item will grant the winner the ability to temporarily transform into the image of the henchman that they are named after.
We reserve the right to declare additional winners and award additional prizes in our sole discretion.(These prizes have no retail value.)
Entries will be judged on the basis of merit and appropriateness to game design considerations as determined by the Development Team.
Deadline for entries to be received is 12:00 Noon PDT on Thursday, September 10, 2009.
Winners will be announced on or around September 24, 2009 and will be posted on www.guildwars.com.
Up to three skill bars can be entered per account.
- Originality: Entries must be the submission of the contestant and cannot be taken from any other source. Your submission must not infringe on any patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, or any privacy, publicity or publishing rights of any third party, or be libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law.
- Eligibility (age): As of August 1, 2009, contestants must be 13 years of age or older. Due to legal requirements, European contestants must be 18 years of age or older as of that date, or must have a parent or guardian enter in the minor's name.
- Eligibility (exclusions): Employees of ArenaNet, Inc., NC Interactive, Inc., NCsoft Europe Ltd., and NCsoft Corporation (collectively, "Sponsor"), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and members of the immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they reside) or households of such employees are not eligible.
- Eligibility (location): Entries will be accepted from legal residents of the United States (excluding the State of Rhode Island, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, military installations and commonwealths), Canada (excluding Quebec) and Europe. (Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prize.)
- Prize: There are twenty (20). All winners will have their character name and the skill bar they submitted posted on the official website when the winners' announcement is made. In addition, winners will receive prizes as outlined in the Prizes section above.
- Judging: Entries will be judged on the basis of merit and appropriateness to game design considerations as determined by the Development Team. In the event that a winning skill bar is submitted by multiple people, the person awarded a prize will be selected randomly.
- Deadline: Entries must be received by 12:00 Noon PDT on Thursday, September 10, 2009.
- Announcement: Winners will be announced on or around September 24, 2009 and will be posted on www.guildwars.com. If a winner cannot be contacted at the email address they submitted, or is contacted and does not respond by signing and returning to us for our receipt within the time indicated on the documents, a Declaration of Eligibility (or, in Canada, a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules) and Liability/Publicity Release, or refuses or is ineligible to accept a prize, the prize may be awarded to the next highest ranking entrant on or about September 28. 2009. Any prize not claimed by one alternately chosen winner will not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value. Taxes on prizes (including, without limitation, income or withholding taxes or duties), if any, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners. If a winner is under 18 or a minor in his or her state/province/country of residence, his or her parent or guardian must also sign the applicable release and documentation.
The winners of this contest will be posted on www.guildwars.com no later than September 24, 2009. A list of winners can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Guild Wars Henchman Skill Bar Contest 2009
227 Bellevue, Way NE, #75
Bellevue, WA 98004
By entering the Guild Wars Henchman Skill Bar Contest 2009, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Conditions, (b) you warrant that your entry is your own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party, (c) you assign and agree to assign to ArenaNet, Inc. all rights, title and interest, including without limitation all copyrights and other intellectual property rights, in or to your entry, (d) you agree that Sponsor may post your user, character and forum name and real name and hometown on any or all of Sponsor's websites and in any and all publicity and advertising for Sponsor, this Contest or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law, (e) you agree to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail or e-mail, and (f) you agree to sign the documentation set forth in the announcement section immediately above (and have your parent or guardian sign such documentation where applicable or requested by Sponsor). Entries become the sole and exclusive property of ArenaNet, Inc. and will not be returned.
Sponsor cannot be held responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected entries, which will be void. Sponsor is not responsible for hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections. Use of a false name, username, mailing address or e-mail account will disqualify an entry and the individual who submitted the entry. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor's judgment, are inappropriate or offensive, will disqualify an entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, can disqualify from this contest and any other contest conducted by Sponsor, any person who, in Sponsor's reasonable suspicion, tampers with the entry process or the operation of the web site, or who otherwise violates these rules or any part of the Guild Wars User Agreement. Sponsor has the right to terminate, suspend or modify this contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice, if, in Sponsor's judgment, the contest is altered, corrupted or cannot be completed as planned due to any conditions beyond Sponsor's control, or at Sponsor's reasonable discretion. Incomplete entries are invalid, and entrants with incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Judges will be comprised of members of the Sponsor's staff. The decisions of the judges will be final.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, RESTRICTED OR TAXED BY LAW.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may edit and modify any submission before posting. Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance, loss or use of any prizes awarded in this contest. You further agree that in any cause of action, Sponsor's liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and entrant agrees that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the U.S. Federal and State Courts of King County, Washington, U.S.A. You assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property or prize, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this contest or the acceptance, loss, shipment, or use of any prize awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error. All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the rules are final.
© 2009 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Eye of the North, and ArenaNet and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.