The Guild Wars Wintersday Art Contest
Put your creativity and talent to work by creating Wintersday art with a Guild Wars® theme. This is our annual opportunity to celebrate the Wintersday season with the entire Guild Wars community. Dream up your own way to bring a Wintersday twist to Guild Wars, and enter your art into the contest before 12:00 Noon PST, December 31, 2009!
How to Enter:
Create an original piece of art with a Wintersday holiday theme and a Guild Wars flavor. You may draw your own art using any media (2D, 3D) at your disposal. You may also use or incorporate Guild Wars screenshots, renders, concept art, icons, photographs, or any other Guild Wars images to create your entry.
For each entry, submit a jpeg image of your original work (scanned or photographed) or a saved file of your computer-generated art and attach it to an email. (Please use compression to reduce the file size, when possible.) We strongly encourage you to submit your work electronically rather than via postal mail.
In the body of the email, provide us the following information (in English): valid preferred email address, your first and last name, your age, and your full address, including street number and name, city, state or province, zip/postal code (if any), and country.
If you wish to be mentioned by "handle" or in-game name rather than your first and last name, please indicate your preference in your entry and provide your handle or in-game name in addition to the information listed above.
Submit your entry to: email@example.com. Please use "Guild Wars Wintersday Art Contest 2009" as the subject line. If you would prefer to send your entry via postal mail, please use the following address:
Guild Wars Wintersday Art Contest
227 Bellevue Way NE #75
Bellevue, WA 98004 USA
No other methods of entry will be accepted.
Prizes: 20 winners (3 Top Winners, 7 Winners, and 10 Honorable Mentions) will receive one of the prizes below. The 3 Top Winners, 7 Winners, and 10 Honorable Mentions will also have their creations displayed on the Guild Wars website. (The total estimated retail value of all prizes is approximately $140.00 US. Cash alternatives are not available).
The Guild Wars Wintersday Art Contest 2009 marks the introduction of the brand new Everlasting Reindeer Tonic.
The prizes are as follows:
Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, style, and the melding of Wintersday into a Guild Wars theme.
Deadline for entries to be received is 12:00 Noon PST on Thursday, December 31, 2009.
Winners will be announced on or around January 15, 2010 and will be posted on www.guildwars.com.
- One entry per person.
- Originality: Entries must be the original creation of the contestant and cannot be taken from any other source. Your submission must not infringe on any patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, or any privacy, publicity or publishing rights of any third party, or be libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law. Please, no clip art, tracings, or art from other sources such as games, movies, or books.
- Eligibility (age): As of December 1, 2009, all non-European contestants must be 13 years of age or older. Due to legal requirements, all European contestants must be 18 years of age or older as of that date, or must have a parent or guardian enter in the minor's name.
- Eligibility (exclusions): Employees of ArenaNet, Inc., NC Interactive, Inc., NCsoft Europe Ltd., and NCsoft Corporation (collectively, "Sponsor"), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and members of the immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they reside) or households of such employees are not eligible.
- Eligibility (location): Entries will be accepted from legal residents of the United States (excluding the State of Rhode Island, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, military installations and commonwealths), Canada (excluding Quebec) and Europe. (Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prize.)
- Prize: There are twenty (20) prizes available. The Top Winners, Winners, and Honorable Mentions will have an image of each of their projects posted on the official website when the winnersâ€™ announcement is made. In addition, winners will receive prizes as outlined in the Prizes section above.
- Judging: Entries will be judged equally on the basis of creativity, style, and the melding of Wintersday into a Guild Wars theme.
- Deadline: Entries must be received by 12:00 p.m. PST on Thursday, December 31, 2009.
- Announcement: Winners will be announced on or around January 15, 2010 and will be posted on www.guildwars.com. If a winner cannot be contacted at the email address they submitted, or is contacted and does not respond by signing and returning to us for our receipt within the time indicated on the documents, an Declaration of Eligibility (or, in Canada, a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules) and Liability/Publicity Release, or refuses or is ineligible to accept a prize, the prize may be awarded to the next highest ranking entrant on or about January 29, 2010. Any prize not claimed by one alternately chosen winner will not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value. Taxes on prizes (including, without limitation, income or withholding taxes or duties), if any, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners. If a winner is under 18 or a minor in his or her state/province/country of residence, his or her parent or guardian must also sign the applicable release and documentation.
The winners of this contest will be posted on www.guildwars.com on or around January 15, 2010. A list of winners can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Guild Wars Wintersday Art Contest 2009
227 Bellevue Way NE #75
Bellevue, WA 98004 USA
By entering the Guild Wars Wintersday Art Contest 2009, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Conditions, (b) you warrant that your entry is your own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party, (c) you assign and agree to assign to ArenaNet, Inc. all rights, title and interest, including without limitation all copyright and other intellectual property rights, in or to your entry, (d) you agree that Sponsor may post your user or forum name and/or real name and hometown on any or all of Sponsor's websites and in any and all publicity and advertising for Sponsor, this Contest or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law, (e) you agree to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail or e-mail, and (f) you agree to sign the documentation set forth in the announcement section immediately above (and have your parent or guardian sign such documentation where applicable or requested by Sponsor). Entries become the sole and exclusive property of ArenaNet, Inc. and will not be returned.
Sponsor cannot be held responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected entries, which will be void. Sponsor is not responsible for hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections. Use of a false name, username, mailing address or e-mail account will disqualify an entry and the individual who submitted the entry. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor's judgment, are inappropriate or offensive, will disqualify an entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, can disqualify from this contest and any other contest conducted by Sponsor, any person who, in Sponsor's reasonable suspicion, tampers with the entry process or the operation of the web site, or who otherwise violates these rules or any part of the Guild Wars User Agreement. Sponsor has the right to terminate, suspend or modify this contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice, if, in Sponsor's judgment, the contest is altered, corrupted or cannot be completed as planned due to any conditions beyond Sponsor's control, or at Sponsor's reasonable discretion. Incomplete entries are invalid, and entrants with incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Judges will be comprised of members of the Sponsor's staff. The decisions of the judges will be final.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, RESTRICTED OR TAXED BY LAW.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may edit and modify any submission at any time, including without limitation before posting. Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance, loss or use of any prizes awarded in this contest. You further agree that in any cause of action, Sponsor's liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and entrant agrees that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the U.S. Federal and State Courts of King County, Washington, U.S.A. You assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property or prize, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this contest or the acceptance, loss, shipment, or use of any prize awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error. All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the rules are final.
Â© 2009 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Eye of the North, and ArenaNet and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.