Halloween 2007 Event: The Mad King Returns (Again)
When sunlight wanes to shadow
And mists fill nights once clear
'Tis time to think of monarchs
Who visit once a year.
Hail, Thorn, the king demented,
Whose laughter fills the air
Where cunning gifts are given
With wit and deadly flair!
And as the season passes
Remember what you've seen
In Lion's Arch and Kamadan
On this good Halloween.
The Mad King is coming! The Mad King is coming! That's right—he's baaack! Joined by his entourage of ghoulish cohorts, Mad King Thorn will entertain visitors with his cornucopia of mini-games and new jokes, and will reward participants with a variety of special Halloween items!
Mark your calendars for the event, which begins on Friday, October 26th, and runs until 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on October 31st. During the event, adventurers will notice that the Tyrian port of Lion's Arch and the Elonian port of Kamadan shine with an otherworldly glory befitting a king, especially a mad one! Once again, the maniacal monarch has decided to grace both cities with his ghastly presence and will reward his loyal subjects (and party participants) with prizes and a special Halloween gift. Or is that gifts?
So come along and spend a little time with Thorn—his sense of humor is guaranteed to slay you! But while his wicked jokes may lead to your untimely demise, your inventory will be all the richer with small mementos and a unique prize that he generously provides you.
As much as he'd like to be the center of attention, the Mad King isn't the only exciting part of the festivities!
- An all-new opportunity for fun and rewards opens this year with the Costume Brawl! Come to the party dressed as one of many famous Guild Wars characters and fight your way to rewards! Check out the Costume Brawl page for more information!
- A returning favorite, the wandering Teller of Tales, will once again delight audiences with his stories of woe in both Lion's Arch and Kamadan.
- Peculiar collectors will set up shop in Lion's Arch and Kamadan, peddling their spooky wares in exchange for various items.
- Two towns bedecked on holiday finery will greet you. Can you say "photo op?" Why, yes! You'll find the perfect place for those special holiday snapshots among the holiday props set up in Kamadan!
- And if that's not enough, there are whispers of additional treasures floating in the chilly, autumnal wind...
Here's a calendar of the festive events:
|Friday, October 26
||Lion's Arch and Kamadan are decorated in the Halloween spirit.
The new Costume Brawl opens.
|During the weekend of October 26 - 28
||Various NPCs and holiday characters begin appearing in Lion's Arch and Kamadan.
|Wednesday, October 31
||Mad King Thorn makes appearances every three hours throughout the day in Lion's Arch and Kamadan. His first appearance will take place at 12:01 a.m. Pacific time and his final appearance will begin on Thursday, November 1 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific time.
You can view a list of the treats in store for you during the Halloween Event right here:
||Witch's Brew: One sip of this potent brew will set your world spinning 'round and 'round.
||Absinthe: Drink this beverage to be engulfed in a ghoulish flame.
||Ghost-in-the-Box: Feeling brave? Open this mysterious box to receive a spooky surprise.
||Squash Serum: Swallowing this potion might give you a big head. A big, orange one, that is…
||Transmogrifier Tonic: Transform yourself into the spirit of Halloween itself using this item!
||New Mystery Item: Go out into the world and defeat monsters for a chance to obtain a special treat, new this year.