Guild Wars Super Fan 2007 Contest
Win a VIP Early Access Ticket to the Guild Wars Party at PAX
August 25, 2007—Seattle, Washington
2007 Super Fans Announced!
Last October, before the release of Guild Wars Nightfall, we offered Guild Wars fans the opportunity to win an invitation to our Nightfall Launch Party. The event was a tremendous success—the dev team had as much fun meeting the fans as the fans had meeting the developers!
This year, we're in a party mood again! We'll be celebrating the launch of Guild Wars: Eye of the North at PAX (Penny Arcade Expo), in Seattle, Washington, the weekend of August 24, 2007. The Guild Wars party will take place on Saturday night at GameWorks, just a few hundred yards from the Expo itself. We'll have food, drink, swag, and fun! The first hour will be a private VIP party, and then we'll throw the doors open to all PAX attendees.
We are inviting all Guild Wars fans at PAX to join us at the party, but we're offering a special few the chance to win a VIP Early Access ticket. Are you the sort who sings the Guild Wars theme song in the shower? Have you tried to cast Res on a dead goldfish? Did you embarrass yourself at the last family gathering by hugging your grandmother and saying, "May Dwayna be with you?" Have you tried to budget for real-world items in ectos? Would "Charr Slippers" be at the top of your Christmas list? Sounds like you just might be a Guild Wars Super Fan!
In addition to the food and beverages, Guild Wars swag, and lots of video gaming that the party will offer, attendees will have an opportunity to challenge the devs to three skill challenges that are (sort of) tied to the three lands of Guild Wars: Play the Shiverpeak Shuffle (air hockey)! Hit the Canthan (Taiko) Drums! And race a Nightfall Rollerbeetle (ok, make that an Indy car), too!
If you are a Seattleite, or if you are willing to cover your own travel and lodging expenses to get here, enter our Super Fan 2007 contest for the chance to score a pair of VIP Early Access party tickets. Here's what you need to do:
Send us your:
- Real name (first/last)
- Street and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Guild Wars user name
- Date of birth
To be in the running for a VIP Early Access Ticket:
Email us a statement—no more than 100 words, please—describing why you are an exceptional Guild Wars fan, and why you should be on our exclusive guest list. Poetry or prose, song lyrics, or simply an earnest statement of Guild Wars devotion, we want to hear why you want to come, and why we should slip you one of the hottest tickets in Seattle this summer! Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must include the following in your entry:
In order for us to be assured that you will handle all transportation and accommodation needs that you may have, please include this statement in your entry email: "I understand that if I am a winner in the Guild Wars Super Fan 2007 Contest I will receive only an invitation for myself and one (1) guest to the party on August 25, 2007. I understand that all travel and other related expenses, including the acquisition of a PAX ticket, is my sole responsibility, or the responsibility of myself and my guest." (This statement does not count toward the 100-word entry limit, but only entries with this confirmation can be sent on to judging.)
- One entry per person.
- Eligibility (age): As of August 1, 2007, contestants must be 16 years of age or older and must purchase or possess a ticket to PAX. Proof of identity will be required before entering the party.
- Eligibility (exclusions): Employees of ArenaNet Inc., NCsoft Europe Ltd., and NCsoft Corporation (collectively, "Sponsor"), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion, and publicity agencies and members of the immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings, and spouse, regardless of where they reside) or households of such employees are not eligible.
- Eligibility (details): Eligibility is limited to those attending Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) and those willing and able to pay for all transportation, accommodation, and other expenses.
- Prize: Up to 20 party admission tickets will be set aside for winners, and each Super Fan will be entitled to invite one guest to the party, as well. Tickets will be distributed at the Penny Arcade Expo prior to the party.
- Sponsor: The sponsor of the contest is ArenaNet, 227 Bellevue Way NE, #75; Bellevue, Washington 98004. The email address to which you should send your entries is: email@example.com.
- Judging: Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, style, originality, and presentation. Ties will be settled by a random drawing. Players may be asked to show proof of identity before being added to the guest list. The odds of winning this contest depend on the total number of eligible entries.
- Deadline: Entries must be emailed by Noon Pacific Time on Tuesday, August 14, 2007, and must be received by ArenaNet no later than Noon Pacific Time on Tuesday, August 14, 2007. Entries must be in English. No other methods of entry will be accepted.
- Announcement: Winners will be contacted on or before August 15, 2007. If a winner cannot be contacted at the email address provided on the entry, or is contacted and does not respond to the email, refuses, or is ineligible to accept a prize, the prize may be awarded to the next highest ranking entrant on or about August 17, 2007. Any prize not claimed by one alternately chosen winner will not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods and services is permitted.
- By entering the Guild Wars Super Fan 2007 contest, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Conditions, (b) you warrant that your entry is your own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party, (c) you assign and agree to assign to ArenaNet all rights, title, and interest, including, without limitation, copyright, in or to your entry, and (d) if required in your country of residence, you will sign a release giving rights for the work to ArenaNet. Entries become the property of ArenaNet and will not be returned.
- ArenaNet cannot be held responsible for any lost, late, or misdirected email. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful, or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor's judgment, are inappropriate or offensive, will disqualify an entry. Sponsor has the right to terminate, suspend, or modify this contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice, if, in Sponsor's judgment, the contest is altered, corrupted, or cannot be completed as planned due to any conditions beyond Sponsor's control, or at Sponsor's reasonable discretion. Incomplete entries are invalid, and entrants with incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- Judges will be comprised of members of the ArenaNet staff. The decisions of the judges will be final.
- This contest is void where prohibited, restricted, or taxed by law.
- By participating in this contest, you agree that each Sponsor and its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and publicity agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss, or injury resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance, loss, or use of any prizes awarded in this contest. You further agree that in any cause of action, Sponsor's liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and you agree that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the U.S. Federal and State Courts of King County, Washington, U.S.A. You assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property or prize, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this contest or the acceptance, loss, shipment, or use of any prize awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error. All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the rules are final.
- The prize has no cash value.
© 2007 ArenaNet Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Eye of the North, ArenaNet and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.