The menagerie is an entirely new area we added in our 4th Anniversary Update, built to hold every single type of pet that you unlock. Switch between pet types quickly without the need to re-level them every time. Even better, all characters on your account share the menagerie—even PvP characters. Unlock numerous animals and take them out whenever you want. Includes level/evolution combinations never before available and debuts the moss spider as a charmable pet for the first time!
The Zaishen Menagerie is an outpost, located in the Battle Isles next to Heroes' Ascent. Speak with Gate Guard Hirvela to enter the Zaishen Menagerie Grounds.
- All characters on your account share the menagerie.
- Only you and your heroes have access to your Zaishen Menagerie collection.
Unlock seven tiers of level and evolution for every pet in the game!
- Tier 1: Level 5 Base Pet (here after called "Elder")
- Tier 2: Level 12 Elder Pet
- Tier 3: Level 12 Aggressive and Playful Pets
- Tier 4: Level 15 Elder Pet
- Tier 5: Level 15 Aggressive, Playful, Hearty, and Dire Pets
- Tier 6: Level 20 Elder Pet
- Tier 7: Level 20 Aggressive, Playful, Hearty, and Dire Pets
Once you've unlocked a pet you'll see charmable level 5 versions of that pet roaming about in habitats specially designed to meet the pet's needs. To see higher level versions, talk to Emryd the Tamer in the Training Yard (see below) and she'll happily bring them out. Note that the rainbow phoenix is shy, just like in its natural environment. It only comes out if you've left your Heroes behind.
Unlocking and the Training Yard
The yard is part of the Zaishen Menagerie grounds, and has NPCs to help you unlock pets and learn more about how everything works.
Bring your pets to Emryd, as well as any pets your Heroes have, and she'll unlock those tiers for you. Here's how:
- Levels 1-11 Elder pets unlock tier 1.
- Levels 12-14 Elder pets unlock tier 1 and 2.
- Levels 12-14 Aggressive or Playful pets unlock tier 1, 2, and 3.
- Levels 15-19 Elder pets unlock tier 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- Levels 15-19 Aggressive, Playful, Dire, or Hearty pets unlock tier 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Levels 20 Elder pets unlock tier 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
- Levels 20 Aggressive, Playful, Dire, or Hearty pets unlock all 7 tiers.
Speak with Wynn to get higher level versions and special evolutions of your pets. She'll also tell you about the characteristics of specific evolutions and how to train your pets to achieve that evolution.
Helena unlocks tiers of pets for you in exchange for Balthazar Faction, or for a combination of Zaishen Coins and gold. You may only unlock a pet in this way if you own the pet's home campaign.
Speak to Silavor to learn more about each different species of pet. He knows how they fight and how they respond to training and, if you want to tame your own, he knows where to find them in the world.
Want to fill up your menagerie quickly? Simply buy a pet unlock pack at the In-Game Store or the NCsoft Store.
The following standard pets are included:
Prestige pets do not come with the pet unlock pack. These include: