Guild Wars Game Update Notes - November, 2006
Update - Thursday November 30
- Made preparations for the Domain of Anguish event.
- Added 2 new quests in Istan and 6 new quests in the Realm of Torment.
- Modified monster behavior so that they now prefer targets within their guard ranges.
- Fixed several reported bugs with follower NPCs in order to improve their combat performance.
- Removed the "kiting" behavior of henchmen in the first round of basic training in order to give new players an easier introduction to PvP.
- Aria of Zeal: Increased casting time to 2 seconds.
- Cyclone Axe: Modified so that it now requires an enemy target.
- Energizing Finale: Increased the Energy cost to 10 and reduced the amount of energy gained per shout or chant to 1.
- "Incoming!": Increased Energy cost to 10 and decreased duration to 1..5 seconds.
- Jagged Bones: Modified so that it may now be used on allied minions.
- Restful Breeze: Modified so that its behavior more accurately matches its description.
- "Stand Your Ground!": Increased energy cost to 10.
- "Watch Yourself!": Changed armor gain to 5..25, based on the Tactics attribute.
Update - Tuesday November 28
- Made preparations for the Chinese closed beta test.
- Fixed several infrequent client crash bugs.
Update - Wednesday November 22
- Fixed a bug that prevented some players from joining parties in the Team Arenas.
- Fixed a bug and made improvements to the following quest: Reclaiming the Temple.
Update - Tuesday November 21
- Added new guild emblems created from winning concepts in the Nightfall Guild Emblem Contest.
- Added two new commands, /bonus and /special, to create items that were previously created using the /bonusitems command. The /bonus command creates items that may be created many times (such as preorder items). The /special command creates items that may be created only once per account (such as collectors edition items).
- Fixed bugs and made improvements to the following quests: Skale and Magic Compass, Data Mining, A Peaceful Solution, Feeding Frenzy, A Message for Janeera, Sunspears in Cantha, Sunspears in Kryta, The Zenos Squad, Servants of Grenth, Heart or Mind: Garden in Danger, The Foolhardy Father, What Do You Do With a Drunken Shauben.
- Fixed bugs and made improvements to the following missions: Nahpui Quarter, Dragons Lair, Riverside Province.
- Set the minimum level to 20 for Random Arenas, Jade Quarry, and Fort Aspenwood.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Zenmai from responding to players in Bukdek Byway.
- Fixed several bugs in the Dajkah Inlet challenge mission.
- Added unique Divine Auras for the Paragon and Dervish, available to players who own the Collectors Edition of Guild Wars Prophecies.
- Made the Ebon Dust Aura skill available for capture.
- Modified profession changers so that they give players Paragon and Dervish skills when these secondary professions are selected.
- Fixed a bug with the Healers Boon skill. Its extra healing bonus now applies to all healed characters, not just the first person healed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Blood Bond skill to give a larger than expected Health degeneration in some cases.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Heroes to use targeted Shouts on targets who were out of range.
- Fixed a bug that allowed PvP characters to select secondary professions from campaigns they don't own.
- Improved the art and/or sound for the following creatures: Toshau Sharpspear, Whistling Thornbrush, and Jacaranda plant creatures.
- Fixed several word gender problems for European languages.
Update - Monday November 20
- Fixed a bug in the Jennur's Horde mission that made it possible for Margonite corpses to accumulate endlessly.
Update - Friday November 10
- Added the extra Prerelease Bonus Pack character slot to accounts that have both the Nightfall Prerelease Bonus Pack and the Nightfall PvP Edition access keys.
- Updated the translations for the npc "Shiloh [Hero Skills]" in the map Sunspear Great Hall.
- Updated Corsair bosses Midshipman Morolah and Admiral Chiggen so that the bosses drop their correct unique item.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the skills Rampage as One and Strike as One to activate without a living pet. (This was missed in the last build)
- Fixed a bug that caused the boss "Zelnehlun Fastfoot" to not attack.
- Fixed a bug preventing some monsters from fighting in the Consulate Docks mission.
- Fixed a bug which allowed the attacking team in the Isle of Solitude Guild Hall to open the gate to the defendeing teams base.
- Fixed bugs and made improvements to the following quests: "Signs and Portents," "No me, No Kormir," and "Sunspears in Cantha."
- The most recent "My Guild Battles" game is now visible to members of the participating Guilds for up to 24 hours (previously the time was only one hour).
Update - Tuesday November 7
- Added 2 new item inscriptions: Show me the money! and Measure for Measure.
- Removed collision between members of the same team, including minions and pets. This change applies only to roleplaying missions and areas.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes kept players from getting credit for kills made by their minions and pets.
- Modified the quest Capturing the Signet of Capture so that it is available only to players created in Elona.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some Hero skill templates from being applied to players.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible for some players to capture the Avatar of Lyssa skill.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the skills Rampage as One and Strike as One to activate without a living pet.
- Made the Crippling Slash skill available for capture.
- Fixed a bug that caused the camera to recenter itself during spell casting.
- Fixed a bug in the Jokanur Diggings mission.
- Fixed bugs and made improvements to the following quests: Sunspears in Kryta, Missing Shipment, To Dye For, Scholarly Affairs, and Tendering an Offer.
Update - Thursday November 2End of Halloween Event
Now sadly, the madness is ended
Laughs abounded and no tears were shed
King Thorn has returned to the Underworld
Pumpkin still very much on his head.
No more scares for Elona and Tyria
No more transformations or spooky décor
Peace comes at last, though we cant help but ask:
Will the Mad King return once more?!
- Modified damage text so that its size scales based on the distance from the viewer.
- Fixed various quest NPCs that were inappropriately body-blocking players.
- Added an option to adjust the damage text size.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Heroes to equip more than one elite skill.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some dyes from stacking.
- Fixed a bug that caused skills requiring upkeep to be removed whenever cinematics began.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Lightbringer Title bonus to be used during PVP matches.
- Modified the Trade panel to report offered trades in units of gold, not platinum.
- Removed the previously enforced time delay between fighting and salvaging or identifying an item.
- Increased duration on the skill "Exposed Defenses" to 5..20 seconds. (This update was missing in the previous skill update.)