Guild Wars Game Update Notes - July, 2007
Update - Friday July 20
- Enabled the creation of bonus items for players who pre-ordered Guild Wars: Eye of the North.
Update - Friday July 20
Guild Wars: Eye of the North Pre-Order
- Players can now pre-order Guild Wars: Eye of the North from the Guild Wars Official (in-game) Store.
- Pre-order and promotional weapons that contain open component slots can once again be enhanced with upgrade components. These upgrades cannot be salvaged from the weapon once they have been applied.
- The character selection screen has been updated to Guild Wars: Eye of the North.
- Fixed several skill-related bugs that occurred during the last update. Included among these updates: Fast Casting once again works on Signets, Spawning Power once again increases weapon spell duration, and Mesmer interrupt skills once again work on Chants.
- Fixed a bug that caused Observer Mode games to disappear prematurely from the list.
- Fixed a bug that caused attributes to be listed in red text.
- Fixed a graphical map error in the Ring of Fire.
Update - Tuesday July 17
- Fixed a bug that corrupted geometry on Intel 915, 945, and 965 graphics chips.
- Fixed a Party Search issue that caused some players to crash.
- Fixed the district drop-down list so that it no longer displays unavailable districts and territories.
- Fixed a map error in D'Alessio Seaboard.
- English districts are now referred to as Common districts.
Update - Tuesday July 17
- Whenever a party enters Party Search, an automatic message will now broadcast to players in that partyâs current district. For example, if Flamingo Avenger sets "glf monk" as the partyâs description in the Party Search panel, "Flamingo Avenger: Party Search â glf monk" will appear in the Chat panel of players in the same district as Flamingo Avenger.
- Whenever a party leader broadcasts "glf", "lfg", "lfp", "wtb", "wts", or "wtt" in All chat, that party will now be entered into Party Search automatically with that chat message used as the party's description.
- The Trade panel now displays the name as well as the icon of trade items present in the trade cart, and a warning message now displays when the person you are trading with changes the offer.
- The Party panel now automatically resizes vertically to match the contents of the panel.
- The Party panel now maintains the same position it was placed in while in outposts and missions.
The Party panel join frame has been moved to the bottom of the panel.
- Allies and pets are now listed in collapsible groups in the Party panel while in a mission.
Domain of Anguish
To balance the Domain of Anguish appropriately for a wider variety of players, the difficulty of this realm has been adjusted. Some of the changes apply only to Normal mode.
- In Normal mode only, all world effects outside of the final battle have been removed.
- In Normal mode only, damage output has been reduced for a variety of monsters.
- The size of several monster groups found in the beginning areas of the City of Torqua and the Foundry of Failed Creations have been reduced.
- The Enraged ability possessed by creatures in the Domain of Anguish has been adjusted. This ability now gives the caster +50% damage when below 70% Health, and an additional +50% damage when below 30% Health.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused Mallyx to stop reacting in combat.
- Fixed a bug in the Nightfall mission the Grand Court of Sebelkeh that caused rifts to erroneously display blue bars when being recaptured by the Blasphemy.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Factions quest "A Formal Introduction" from loading if players had quests from the Dragon Festival in their Quest Logs.
- The Tyrian World Map has been enlarged and adjusted in preparation for Guild Wars: Eye of the North.
- Improved the system for throttling chat spam.
- The Sunspear Rebirth Signet is now sorted under Sunspear skills in the Skills and Attributes panel.
- The Lightbringerâs Gaze and the Lightbringer's Signet are now sorted under Lightbringer skills in the Skills and Attributes panel.
- Additional behavioral modifications have been made to the Luxon Warriors in Fort Aspenwood.
- Master Architect Gunther no longer runs in front of Fort Aspenwood's green gate.
Update - Friday July 6
- Restored missing merchant to the Tomb of the Primeval Kings.
- Fixed a bug in the Dragon Festival missions that prevented rifts from closing.
- Added support for the Guild Wars Bonus Mission Pack promotion to the Guild Wars in-game store.
Update - Thursday July 5Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that caused Imperial Guardsman Linro to not show up in Kaineng Center.
Update - Thursday July 5
Dragon Festival 2007
Attention fellow citizens of Cantha,
On behalf of Emperor Kisu, it is my pleasure to announce this year's Dragon Festival, a three-day celebration of games, dance, drink, and revelry, where we commemorate the dawning of the Age of the Dragon and all those who helped to rebuild our great lands after the Jade Wind. This year, our benevolent emperor has decreed that the festival shall henceforth also celebrate our great victory over Abaddon and his demon forces.
Throughout the duration of the festival, citizens of our great empire can convene at Shing Jea Monastery to socialize with others, partake in carnival activities, and amass Victory Tokens to be redeemed for special prizes. Fans of sport can flex their muscles in the Dragon Arena, where battle prowess and longevity are recognized and rewarded.
There will be no shortage of engaging entertainment, so we hope you make the journey to our lush island and join us in revelry.
To better reward players for participating in Alliance Battles even when in enemy territory, we have introduced a new "Underdog Bonus."
- In the Luxon defense map, Kaanai Canyon, Kurzick players will receive Kurzick faction points equal to twice their score.
- In the Luxon defense map, Etnaran Keys, Kurzick players will receive Kurzick faction points equal to their score.
- In the middle map, Saltspray Beach, neither Kurzick nor Luxon players will receive a bonus.
- In the Kurzick defense map, Grenz Frontier, Luxon players will receive Luxon faction points equal to their score.
- In the Kurzick defense map, The Ancestral Lands, Luxon players will receive Luxon faction points equal to twice their score.
- Fixed a stacking bug in the Assassin skill Hidden Caltrops.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Alliance Battles from beginning if a party failed to load.
- Deaths in the Dragon Arena no longer affect the Survivor title track.
- Added Xunlai Storage and faction reward NPCs to Alliance Battle outposts.