Guild Wars Game Update Notes - December, 2007
Update - Sunday December 30Bug Fixes
- Fixed an exploit which allowed players to access outposts they had not previously unlocked.
Update - Thursday December 27Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that prevented some players from previewing Guild Halls.
Update - Friday December 21
- Fixed a bug with the prize offerings from the Xunlai Tournament House NPC.
- Updated text in the In-Game Store to reflect the extension to the 50% off promotion on Skill and Item Unlock Packs.
Update - Thursday December 20
- Wintersday is here! Kamadan, Lion's Arch, Droknar's Forge, and Ascalon City are decorated for the occasion. Over the coming days, holiday activities will begin as special guests arrive to join the festivities. Everything leads up to the big Wintersday celebration on January 1, which will take place every three hours in Lion’s Arch and Kamadan (on the hour in Lion’s Arch and 15 minutes past the hour in Kamadan). Be sure to collect candy cane shards for the big celebration!
- Fixed a bug in the Bonus Mission Pack missions to make player armor equal across classes and armor levels.
- Fixed a bug that caused Star Strike to be affected by Death Magic attribute.
- Fixed a bug that gave players premature access to an area they hadn't previously visited.
- Added an option to toggle name tag fading of distant targets.
- The Imperial Herald located in the Great Temple of Balthazar has been updated with additional information about the $100,000 Tournament series and the Skill and Item Unlock Pack promotion.
- The Xunlai Tournament House NPC is now offering prizes for December, and can be found in the Great Temple of Balthazar, Lion's Arch, Kaineng Center, and Kamadan.
Update - Tuesday December 11
- Fixed a bug that prevented some Elonian characters from being able to complete the "Terror in Tyria" and "Plague in Cantha" quests that would take them to Tyria and Cantha for the first time.
- The Xunlai Tournament House NPC now offers prizes for November and can be found in the Great Temple of Balthazar, Lion’s Arch, Kaineng Center, and Kamadan.
- Updated missing localized strings for the Eye of the North free trial promotion button.
- Fixed a bug with the Bonus Mission Pack that caused a decrease in frame rate for the Battle of Jahai.
- Updated the button art for the In-Game Store.
Update - Friday December 7
- Fixed a bug that prevented holiday keys from working.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from changing weapon art with Tolkano.
- Fixed a bug with the Journey to the North effect that caused Warrior attributes to be incorrectly assigned when a player wielded several weapon types.
- Fixed a bug that caused candy canes to spawn in Kamadan.
- Fixed a bug that caused only one Xunlai chest to spawn in Kamadan, Jewel of Istan.
Update - Thursday December 6
Lowered Level Access for Entry into Eye of the North
- Characters can now enter Eye of the North as early as level 10 by accepting the quest "What Lies Beneath" from Len Caldoron in Lion's Arch, "I Feel the Earth Move Under Cantha's Feet" from Minister of Maintenance Raiugyon in Kaineng Center, or "Hole of Istan" from Bendah in Kamadan.
- Players who are between levels 10 and 19 and are in Eye of the North maps will automatically receive a buff called Journey to the North. This buff grants players a base Health of 480 and bonuses to their attributes, and replaces their current armor level with the max armor level for that class until they reach level 20.
- The Journey to the North buff sets one attribute to rank 12 and three additional attributes to rank 9. The effect overrides the player's current ranks in all attributes and places 12 ranks in the attribute of the weapon the player is wielding, 9 ranks in that player's primary attribute, 9 ranks based on the attribute of the focus or shield the player is wearing (if applicable), and 9 ranks based on the skills on the player's Skill Bar until the player has three attributes with 9 ranks in them.
- Upon reaching level 20, the Journey to the North buff goes away the next time that player enters a new zone.
- Players new to Eye of the North can now receive a basic max damage weapon by completing the Hero Tutorial quest given by Burol Ironfist in Boreal Station. Once completed, players receive a Burol Ironfist's Commendation item that can be turned in to Arkor Leadfoot in Boreal Station for a weapon of their choosing.
- A new armorer, Jolvor Stoneforge, has been added to Boreal Station to give players a cheaper source of basic max level armor in the Eye of the North expansion.
Updated PvP Rewards
- Tolkano, the Tournament NPC, now sells Zaishen Keys for either 5,000 Balthazar faction or 5 Tournament Reward Points. These keys open the Zaishen Chest on the Isle of the Nameless. Tolkano can be found in the Great Temple of Balthazar, the Hero Battles outpost, and all guild halls.
- The Zaishen Chest is located on the Isle of the Nameless at the top of the stairs near the location of The Guide.
- The Hall of Heroes chest now grants players a Zaishen Key in addition to the normal drops they receive.
Three new NPC upgrades are available for guild halls. Members may speak to the Guild Lord in their hall to purchase these upgrades for their guild.
- Canthan Ambassador: allows viewing of guild halls available for purchase.
- Guild Emblemer: allows the guild leader to change the guild's cape without leaving the guild hall.
- Festival Hat Keeper: gives guild members access to an NPC who can remember and reproduce special festival hats they have acquired.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to complete the first discovery location in the Tengu Peace Accords bonus mission pack mission during the end cinematic while in Discovery Mode.
- Flasks of Firewater now provide 3 minutes of drunk effect upon a single consumption.
- Lockpicks now drop in Eye of the North maps in normal mode at the same rate that keys drop in other regions.
- Updated the Ursan Strike, Volfen Claw, and Raven Talons skills to touch range to make them more consistent between the mission versions and the Norn title versions.