Guild Wars Rules of Conduct
The following rules govern basic interaction within the Guild Wars game and the Guild Wars websites. Please be aware that failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination of your Guild Wars game account according to the Guild Wars User Agreement.
In addition to these rules of conduct, explicit rules affecting your account may be found in the Guild Wars User Agreement.
- While playing Guild Wars, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players. You will not report players maliciously, or cause them to be investigated without reason.
- You may not post or communicate any player's real world information (name, address, account name, etc.) through the Guild Wars game or on the official Guild Wars website.
- You may not use sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, or racially or ethnically offensive language.
- You may not post or link to any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, or racially or ethnically offensive imagery or content.
- When communicating in Guild Wars using Global Chat (including, without limitation, server wide chat and use of the whisper command), you may not spam, flood, or make duplicate posts. For more information, please see the User Agreement section 4 (j).
- You may not impersonate any employee of ArenaNet Inc., NC Interactive, Inc., NCsoft Corporation or their affiliates.
- You may not violate any local, state, national, or international laws or regulations.
- You may not market, promote, advertise, or solicit within the Guild Wars game or on the official Guild Wars websites.
- You may not modify any part of the Guild Wars Client or Server. Also, you may not modify any part of the official Guild Wars websites, other than the official Guild Wars Wiki in accordance with its terms and conditions.
- You may not advertise the intent to or commit the act of buying, selling, trading, sharing, or transferring access to any Guild Wars account for real-world cash or for in-game gold or items.
- You may not advertise the intent to or commit the act of buying or selling gold or items for cash.
- You may not offer in-game services for real-world cash.
- You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated or illegal software while using the Guild Wars game or website.
- You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in Guild Wars or on the official Guild Wars website.
- You may not organize nor be a member of any pledges or groups within Guild Wars that are based on or espouse any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate mongering philosophies.
- You may not provide false information or intentionally hide any information when registering for your Guild Wars account.
- You may not upload or transmit on Guild Wars or the official Guild Wars websites any copyrighted or trademarked content to which you do not own all rights without the express written permission of the author or the copyright or trademark holder.
- You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running Guild Wars.
- You will not exploit any bug in Guild Wars and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Guild Wars. Bugs should be promptly reported via "Ask a Question" at http://support.guildwars.com.
- You will not attempt to play Guild Wars on any server that is not controlled or authorized by NC Interactive or its designees.
- You will not create, use, or provide any server emulator or other site where Guild Wars may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to Guild Wars without the express written permission of NC Interactive, NCsoft Europe, or NCsoft Corporation.
- You may not use any third-party program (such as a "bot") in order to automate gameplay functions, including playing, chatting, interacting, or gathering gold or items within Guild Wars. You may not assist, relay, or store gold or items for other players who are using these processes.
- You may use the Guild Wars Report System within the game to alert the company to in-game issues such as inappropriate behavior, offensive names, the perceived use of a "bot," or other misconduct, as specified in the Dishonorable Conduct System. You may not use the Guild Wars Report System to inflict harm upon or harass another player, to submit false reports, or to cause undue load on our servers. Individuals who abuse the reporting function will be investigated and will face possible account suspension or account termination.
- While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people's game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.
- You must abide by the Guild Wars Naming Policy.
Updated 8 October 2009