Canthan New Year
It's time for the annual Canthan New Year Festival! Help honor the celestial animals as they descend from the sky to bestow good luck upon the populace for the coming year—but only if the traditional New Year's feast meets their high standards!
The festival begins at 12:00 p.m. Pacific (UTC -8) on January 31 and will end at 12:00 p.m. on February 7.
- Want a preview of the coming year? The fortune teller can peer into your future and provide you with a very real—and legally binding—fortune. For good or ill, your destiny will follow you out into the world beyond Shing Jea.
- Play games on the Shing Jea Boardwalk to earn tickets and boost your luck—or play to lose, and work your way down a different life track.
- Make your way to the Rollerbeetle Racing Arena, where you'll be outfitted with your very own rollerbeetle racer, complete with its own set of racing skills.
- Head over to the Dragon Arena to test your PvP skills in a 6v6 match.
- Starting at 12:01 a.m. on February 6, one of the celestial animals will appear in Shing Jea Monastery every three hours to sample Canthan cuisine. The feast culminates in dancing, fireworks, a shower of gifts, and special prizes for festival-goers—but only if the celestial is satisfied with the offerings! Ensure the blessing of good fortune by helping prepare dishes for the feast.
For even more information about the festival, check the Guild Wars Wiki.
Lucky players may find a rare Celestial miniature hidden inside a Lunar Fortune! If luck is not on your side, visit Ikura in the Shing Jea Monastery until 12:00 p.m. on February 14th. She will gladly accept 100 Lunar Tokens in exchange for a Celestial Miniature Token.
If the celestial animal fully enjoys its meal during the feast, all those attending receive two exciting treats: the explosively entertaining Crate of Fireworks, and a special mystery reward! We'd like to summon a description of this gift for you—but then it wouldn't be a mystery, would it?